Magdalen School Meals are freshly prepared on the premises by our experienced caterers. Our menus are constantly updated and are freshly prepared using only the highest quality ingredients, wherever possible these are sourced from local suppliers; the fruit and vegetables we serve are seasonal and locally grown, our meat is supplied by Hanson’s Butchers, Wainfleet.
Our aim is to produce healthy, colourful and tasty dishes that are well accepted by children. A range of tasty new dishes and healthy traditional meals are provided by our friendly staff.
Why choose a school meal?
- Pupils who have a hot, nutritionally balanced meal at lunchtime are more likely to have better concentration in the afternoon.
- Children are given the opportunity to try new and different food.
- School meals offer convenience for families with busy lifestyles.
- Eating a school lunch teaches important social skills.
- Social interaction in a welcoming environment.
- A school lunch offers families value for money.
Our school meals are always fresh, very nutritious, and a great value for money. A two-course meal including a drink is only £2.20 a day.
If your child has a special dietary requirement or has an allergy to any food items, please let us know so we can ensure your child is catered for.
From September 2014, all Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils in state-funded schools in England will be entitled to free school meals.
If you would like more information on FreeSchool Meals and how to apply, please click the link below, application forms are also available from our school office.
Christmas Lunch 2016